Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I received this book as part of a book reviewer program offered by Thomas Nelson Publishing. "The Fight of Our Lives: Knowing the Enemy, Speaking the Truth, and Choosing to Win the War Against Radical Islam," written by William J. Bennett and Seth Liebsohn is a book written by two very conservative people for like minded people.

I'm a very loving Christian-pacifist, so I decided to read this book in hopes of learning something from people who don't think or believe the same things I do. I've decided that was a mistake. This book was released by a Christian publishing house, but not one thought in it was "Christian."

Jesus spoke of love, forgiveness, and grace. "His law is love and his gospel is peace." How have we forgot those words. When we decide to wage war on radical Islam we are paving the way for a modern day crusade. When people claim America as Christian the war becomes Christianity vs. Islam. How can we let that happen.

In summary, The Fight of Our Lives is a conservative, war-hawk manifesto. I wouldn't suggest this to anyone else because I believe in love before war. This book makes a mockery of Christian ethics.

No comments:

Post a Comment